BPG Suppressor Cover Heavy
The BPG Suppressor Cover Heavy is designed to fit suppressors that are 1.5 inches in diameter and can be made to fit any length. All Burn Proof Gear suppressor covers are designed to be 0.5 inches longer than the suppressor itself. This allows the cover to cinch around the front and rear of the suppressor to ensure a “No-Slip Fit.” The Heavy cover is made from aerospace and military grade fire retardant materials. DuPont Kevlar diamond weave ripstop has a maximum operating temperature of 1400 F (roughly 180 rounds fired of m855). The second component of the Suppressor Cover Heavy is an inner liner comprised of fiberglass mesh sleeving. Its maximum operating temperature is 2000 F. Once the cover is installed on a suppressor that is 1.5 inches in diameter, the overall diameter of the suppressor with cover installed should not exceed 1.75 inches. The standard cover sizes range from 6 inches to 9.5 inches long and weighs less than 3 ounces at the shortest configuration and 5.5 ounces at 12.5 inches long. The cover is a two piece design; the inner sleeving which is cut to length and the cover. The covers resist the extreme heat generated from suppressors and enable the operator to transition confidently without burning their legs, pants, or other gear. Additionally, they drastically reduce heat mirage on precision applications and IR emission during no-light operations. The Burn Proof Gear suppressor covers withstand rigorous use are made in the USA.
Suppressor Cover – Heavy – (1.5″ Suppressor Diameter)
- Outer layer in Black, Flat Dark Earth (FDE), and Wheat Tan Kevlar fabric is rated to 1400 F max temp. Gray and Multicam is rated to 800F max temp.
- MULTICAM or GRAY suppressor covers are meant for PRECISION use ONLY.
- Inner material is high temp fiberglass rated to 2000 F, similar material as the included FR Sleeving.
- Safety Disclaimer: allow the cover to cool completely once it is too hot to touch before resuming your firing schedule.
Product Specifications and Use Restrictions
- If the cover slides forwards, it is not installed properly.
Heavy Covers will only fit suppressors between 5″ – 9″ in length, and exactly 1.5″ in diameter. Otherwise you may need to order a CUSTOM cover.
Suppressor Cover Install Tutorial